I know this is a little off the mark, but with a new addition to the family I believe that its very important that the little ones are also well fed with yummy local produce, that I know that is good for them & will most importantly enjoy. So here is a recipe for you babe, I hope they enjoy it like our little Sam does.
350g Riverine tender cut beef cut into strips
2 tab Cobram Estate olive oil
3 small sweet potato, cubed
3 medium carrots, cut into small cubes
1 medium potato cut into cubes
half 680g jar tomato Passata
half head broccoli, chopped into small pieces, use the stalk too
2 tab parsley chopped
water or salt free stock
- Heat pan add olive oil
- Add beef & cook through
- Add diced root vegetables to meat & cook for approx 5 min
- Add in Passata & pour in water to cover.
- Bring back to the boil then cover with a lid & simmer for approx 1 hour (this cooks down the meat making it easier for bub to eat)
- Add in chopped broccoli & parsley, continue to simmer for approx 10 minutes
- Puree for smaller bubs or mash with a potato masher for older bubs
- Add more water if you think its too thick
- Spoon into little serving tubs & cool before freezing
- Freeze for up to 1 month.
- Makes 9 -10 tubs of food